CDL Insurance

If you drive a commercial vehicle, under Iowa state law you are required to have bodily injury liability and property damage liability insurance.

The minimum requirements are as follows:

Bodily Injury Liability

  • $20,000 Bodily Injury per person injured in any one accident
  • $40,000 Bodily Injury for all people injured in any one accident

Property Damage Liability

  • $15,000 Property Damage for any loss caused by an accident

If you are involved in an accident, either as the driver or as the owner of a vehicle, you must show proof of financial responsibility. If the motor vehicle you are driving belongs to the company you are working for or your employer, he or she must fulfill the CDL insurance requirement. Make sure to always carry the appropriate insurance documentation in your vehicle.